We would like to hear from you if you are interested in volunteering with GesherEU. We are looking for people who share our core values of supporting those leaving the Charedi community in an accepting, non-judgemental and non-partisan way. Please get in touch if you would like to talk to us about
- Volunteering specialist skills such as skills with social media, legal work, IT, Press and Publicity
- Getting involved in social activities with our members
- Helping with administration and office work
- Participating in our befriending, buddying and hosting programme
- Helping with advocacy work
For some roles volunteers will need to be able to get to know our members by attending our social drop-ins and other activities over a number of months. Our members are intelligent men and women who, for the most part, have simply grown up in a community that has not provided them with the right tools for the choices in life that they believe is right for them. By getting to know them and their needs, our volunteers can help fill the gaps and enable them to help themselves wherever possible.
We meet mostly in North and North West London so access to these areas is important. We have a small community in Manchester which we expect to grow.